Basic Video Edits using QuickTime for Mac
In this video I’m using QuickTime to demonstrate how to do basic video edits to your webcam clips.
QuickTime Player ships free with all Mac computers, and it’s a lot easier to use than iMovie, especially if you’re just getting started with web video.
Your web videos will likely not come out of the camera ready to go. But you already know that!
You will need to do some basic edits like trimming of the ends, and removing the unwanted parts in the middle of clips.
All video editing software has these capabilities, so if you’re using Windows, you’ll be able to do these simple edits using Windows Movie Maker as well.
In a future lesson I’ll give you more QuickTime editing techniques, such as combining screen captures and live video.
Check out all the blog posts in this mini course:
- Making Connections
- Your Biggest Fear
- How to Look Younger on YouTube – without getting plastic surgery
- Webcam Setup and Capture tips using Quicktime Player
- Lighting Tips for Webcam Videos
- Zoom your webcam or get close?
- Get better colour from your webcam
- Basic Video Edits using QuickTime
- Create Screen Capture Videos