Using a reflector disc for video lighting
A reflector disc is one of the most handy video lighting tools you can buy.
If you don’t have money for lighting gear, this tool is the next best thing.
In this video I give a brief demo of my favourite 5-in-1 reflector disc.
The reflector discs come in various sizes, but I recommend getting at least a 42″ diameter size. It’s a perfect size for a one person headshot video.
- I use mine for bouncing light up into my subject’s face, which eliminates under-eye shadows, that make us look old.
- It’s also great if you are outside and the sunlight it too contrasting. The inner translucent panel will soften the harsh and contrasty light. Just hold it between the sun and your subject.
- You can choose a neutral or a warm reflector.
- If you don’t think you’ll ever use the gold ones, get a 3-in1 instead. You’ll save a bit of money that way too.
- This portable fold-up tool easily fits in your gear bag.
- You might need an assistant to use this reflector tool
You can use it for photography too!
If you have any questions about using a reflector, let me know in the comments below.